Terms and conditions of use
1 Terms and Conditions of Use
These website “terms and conditions of use” apply to the use of the website operated by The EORTC MelanomaGroup (MELANOMAGROUP), a Belgian-based non-profit organisation and (AISBL) -any and all ‘content’ from the website such as scientific, technical, contractual, product, programme, pricing information; news, educational materials, publications, guides, presentations, abstracts; other information available on the website such as data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, and other materials.
MELANOMAGROUP reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions at its sole discretion, without prior notice, or condition that details of the amendments are published on the MELANOMAGROUP website. They become effective from the time of posting. Use of the website after the posting constitutes acceptance of the modified terms & conditions.
Please read the terms carefully. The terms are entered into by and between the user and MELANOMAGROUP, and the user accepts them by using the website in any manner and/or by otherwise acknowledging his/her agreement with the terms. If the user doesn’t agree to all of the terms, he/she should not use the website.
Should you require further information or have comments on MELANOMAGROUP terms & conditions, please contact us using the contact form.
2. Copyright - Intellectual Property
- The MELANOMAGROUP website is owned by EORTC Melanoma group. All content owned by MELANOMAGROUP on the MELANOMAGROUP website is copyrighted under Belgian and International law. All rights in content of the MELANOMAGROUP website (including without limitation all articles, statements, texts, images, logos and design) are owned by or licensed to the MELANOMAGROUP exclusively. All rights are expressly reserved by MELANOMAGROUP.
- Any content may be copied and distributed on a limited basis for non-commercial purposes only, provided that any material copied remains intact and that all copies include the following notice in a clearly visible position: “Copyright © MelanomaGroup. All rights reserved”, as well as links to www.MELANOMAGROUP.eu where appropriate. These materials may only be used for personal use.
- Copy, modification or use of any content included on the MELANOMAGROUP website for any commercial purpose without the authorisation of MELANOMAGROUP is a violation of patent, copyright and other proprietary rights including intellectual property rights owned by MELANOMAGROUP and/or its contributors. Any copying or redistribution for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind requires prior written permission from MELANOMAGROUP.
- The use of the MELANOMAGROUP Logo and MELANOMAGROUP corporate visuals (including, but not limited to, graphics, images, videos...) is subject to written authorisation by EORTC MelanomaGroup. Any unapproved use may result in actions being taken by MELANOMAGROUP to require removal of material concerned from display/distribution and possible legal action.
- Contents in Private Membership Area cannot be copied or distributed by the Members.
3. General Conditions
Content, products and services
Access to certain content is available only to users who have registered to the Private Area, the secured and personalised account that MELANOMAGROUP offers. Similarly, access to certain other content is conditional upon subscription to a particular product or service.
User registration, via the registration form or via the Webmaster is required to access personal services online and certain online content. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her account login details.
The user registration is unique and personal. It should not be shared with anyone.
MELANOMAGROUP shall not be held responsible for unauthorised use of the user’s account by a third party to whom the user may have, intentionally or not, disclosed his/her account login details.
Products & Services
It is possible to acquire certain products and services such as membership services or registration for congresses and courses organised by MELANOMAGROUP or in conjunction with MELANOMAGROUP via the private area. MELANOMAGROUP reserves the right to change or remove particular ordering methods without prior notice. Changes in the ordering procedure will be posted on the product or service page.
MELANOMAGROUP disclaims all responsibilities for the unavailability of the MELANOMAGROUP website and services caused by conditions beyond its control including and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of MELANOMAGROUP.
Under no circumstances will MELANOMAGROUP or any affiliated staff or partners or website contributors, be liable to you, as a website visitor or any other person or body, for any decision taken or acted upon as a result of reliance on the information or philosophies contained or expressed within the MELANOMAGROUP website. You agree that neither MELANOMAGROUP nor any affiliated staff or partners or website contributors, will be responsible for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages), or loss of data or loss of profit, even if the MELANOMAGROUP or any affiliated staff or website contributors, has been advised of the possibility of such loss. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee - employer or franchiser - franchisee relationship between the member and MELANOMAGROUP is intended or created by these terms and conditions.